There are numerous diseases to affect the lawn, here are some of the main ones:
- Algae - The green or black slime is made up of microscopic plants and is usually associated with bare or sparsely grassed areas, together with waterlogged conditions.
- Fusarium - Small areas of yellowing grass gradually increasing in size, which may merge to form large brown areas of dead grass. The diseased areas may be covered with a white cottony mould.
- Lichen - These are leaf - like, brown plates when moist and grey with curled up edges when dry.
- Red Thread - This disease is well known and found world - wide. Initially irregular formed spots appear with a light brown appearance, which turn straw coloured during infection. With high humidity a pink, cottony mycelium occurs.
- Fairy Rings - These come from fungi which occur in soil. The symptoms are caused by various fungi from the group of basidiomcetes. These fungi spread the mycelium into the form of a typical ring.
Please contact us if you feel you may have a disease affecting your lawn.
Do you have any questions about our lawn treatment services?
If you have any questions regarding our lawn treatment services, why not check out our Frequently Asked Questions page:
Contact us today on 0845 0945 363
We are always more than willing to answer any questions you might have, regarding our services, so please do not hesitate to get in touch.