This is the mechanical method of removing and controlling thatch (decaying organic matter) and moss that can build up and create humid moist conditions for fungal lawn diseases to take hold. Thatch control and removal is crucial in improving and maintaining any area of turf.
Benefits of scarifying:
- Increased disease tolerance
- Increased water, nutrient and oxygen movement into the soil
- Improved rooting
- Enhanced infiltration of rainfall or irrigation
- Helps prevent fertiliser and pesticide run-off from ‘spongy’ lawns
- Controls thatch
- Reduces the amount of moss in the lawn
Do you have any questions about our lawn treatment services?
If you have any questions regarding our lawn treatment services, why not check out our Frequently Asked Questions page:
Contact us today on 0845 0945 363
We are always more than willing to answer any questions you might have, regarding our services, so please do not hesitate to get in touch.